See our updated hours of operation here.
We are CLOSED on May 29 in observance of Memorial Day but the Alvin Settles Pool will be open.
Charles Lind Brown Recreation Center will remain closed until June 5.
The Burton Wells basketball gym and the Shell Point Park restrooms are closed until further notice.
Youth Basketball is easily our 2nd most popular sport program with our Winters and Summers completely dedicated to it. The Winter Season is for participants ages 4 through 16. Schedules are designed to maximize results through age-appropriate practice and game times.
1. What equipment will my child need?
2. How old does my child have to be?
3. Do I have to be a resident of Beaufort County?
4. When will I know which team my child is on?
5. Where will practices and games be held?
7. When are games?
8. Can I have my child placed on a team of my choice?
9. When and where is registration?
10. What happens if I'm late registering?
11. What happens if I'm super-late registering?
12. How can I avoid missing the Registration Period?
13. Where is my child's uniform? When do I get it?
14. When will I receive my children's pictures?
15. What about trophies?
16. Will All-Stars selections be made?
18. How can I become a sponsor?
19. How can I become an official?
20. How can I apply for a scholarship?
21. Where can I find the team standings?
Registration for Winter Basketball always begins September 1 and ends the third Friday in October. Late registration for Winter Basketball ends the following Friday and is accompanied by an additional $20 late fee. Registrations received after the "late registration" period are subject to approval or denial by management only. Practices start in early December and games typically begin early January. The season generally ends mid-to-late February. All-Star games are finished by the first week in March and are held at select locations across the state of South Carolina. This requires additional practices and games for a select number of nominated players, as well as an additional uniform fee and entrance fee into the tournaments.
We are often asked to provide detailed information about practice and game times months before registration. We cannot provide that because:
1.) The number of participants determines the number of teams in a division.
2.) Participants are randomly assigned to a team. We use a random draft to select participants to build fair teams. We do NOT guarantee any special requests for participant team placement.
3.) Volunteer Coaches meet together to select practice times based on availability after late registration ends.
Registration for Summer Basketball always begins April 1 and ends the third Friday of May.
Late registration for Summer Basketball ends the following Friday and is accompanied by an additional $20 late fee. Registrations received after the "late registration" period are subject to approval or denial by management only. Practices start in mid-June and games typically begin in early July. The season generally ends early August. There are no All-Star selections for the Summer Season.